EQ6-R – Fully Computerized GoTo German Equatorial Telescope Mount – Belt-driven, Motorized, Computerized Hand Controller with 42,900+ Celestial Object Database
Amazon.com Price: Details) & FREE Shipping. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The EQ6-R builds upon the legacy of Sky-Watcher’s popular EQ6 mount delivering the next evolution of the EQ6 family with a platform for better visual and photographic utilization. Improved latitude adjustment innovative carry handle accurate belt-driven motors and a built-in DSLR triggering system brings the EQ6-R into the modern age Perfect for Photography.
The EQ6-R boasts a number of features to aid astrophotographers. The built in ST-4 Autoguider port turns this mount into an astrophotography powerhouse allowing you to utilize most of today’s best autoguiders.
Integrated USB-B port allows for direct connection to PC via user supplied USB-B cable With a weight capacity of 44 pounds the EQ6-R can handily support an optical tube imaging accessories and camera.
Silent Precise Slewing The EQ6-R Pro uses 64 microstep driven stepper motors Stepper motors are quieter than servo motors providing precise accuracy without the annoying sound of grinding gears 42 000.
Object Database Using our proprietary SynScan hand controller the EQ6-R Pro provides a user-friendly interface with a 42 000 object database including complete Messier NGC IC and SAO catalogs. The hand controller can also connect to a computer using a USB-B cable enabling computer control with most astronomy programs.
For the astrophotographers looking to reduce Periodic Error the SynScan hand controller has built-in PEC training that can be configured while in the field! Flexible Polar Alignment Sky-Watcher includes an illuminated polar finderscope to aid the polar alignment process. The polar scope reticle features a circular grid for the northern hemisphere consistent with today’s popular polar alignment apps.
For astronomers in the southern hemisphere the constellation Octans is built into the reticle as well. Even without a clear view of Polaris the EQ6-R Pro can be polar aligned using our SynScan hand controller Simply choose one of the visible stars listed and use the latitude adjustment screws to center it in the eyepiece.
Bundle of Accessories As customary with most Sky-Watcher products an assortment of accessories are included with the EQ6-R Pro mount. A retractable counterweight bar is built-in providing easier transportation and storage as well as two 11 pound counterweights to virtually balance any payload. The EQ6-R Pro features a saddle compatible with both D- and V-style mounting plates giving you the flexibility to use optical tubes even if the mounting plate is different.
Slewing Speed: up to 3.4°/sec (800X)
- PRECISE, ACCURATE GOTO: Computerized, motorized GoTo German equatorial telescope mount capable of accurately tracking astronomical objects for both visual observing and astrophotography.
- BELT-DRIVEN MOTORS: Belt-driven stepper motors provide whisper-quiet slewing with renowned precision and accuracy while virtually eliminating Periodic Error.
- 44-POUND PAYLOAD: Beefy, all-metal construction provides 44-pound payload capacity, perfect for all but the heaviest optical tubes.
BUILT-IN POLAR FINDERSCOPE: Built-in illuminated polar finderscope provides quick and easy polar alignment.
- 42,000+ OBJECT DATABASE: SynScan hand controller with 42,000+ object database will keep even the most experienced astronomer busy for countless observing nights. Tripod Leg Diameter: 2″.Power Type: 12V (4 amp minimum). Latitude Range (degrees): May-65. Mounting Saddle Type: D/V
- EASY TO TRANSPORT: Built-in handle for easy transportation and quick setup.
- AUTOMATE DSLR EXPOSURES: SNAP port allows for fully automated, remote controlled DSLR camera operation.
|Item model number|
|Date First Available|