Sky-Watcher EvoStar 80 APO Doublet Refractor – Compact and Portable Optical Tube for Affordable Astrophotography and Visual Astronomy (S11100)
Amazon.com Price: $1,080.00 (as of 12/07/2022 14:43 PST- Details) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
For astronomers looking to elevate their viewing experience with superior extra-low dispersion glass, look no further than Sky-Watcher’s EvoStar series of apochromatic doublets. The Sky-Watcher EvoStar ED refractor lens assembly utilizes a proprietary combination of matched lenses, designed to deliver optimum visual and photographic performance.
Even when observing bright planetary objects, the EvoStar ED refractor minimizes color fringing to deliver an image with tack-sharp stars. Central to Sky-Watcher’s color correction is their Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™), which eliminates virtually all false color. All EvoStar ED refractor optical tubes have been light-baffled to minimize stray light, and the tube interior features a matte black finish to prevent light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
For the visual astronomer looking to try their hand at astrophotography, the Sky-Watcher EvoStar ED refractor series provides the perfect pathway to professional-level imaging without the need for braking the bank. Additionally, fewer lens elements means less glass, which means less weight. Less weight means you can handle your equipment with a less beefy – thus less expensive – mount. With these savings you can invest in a new camera or laptop to enhance your astrophotography.
Sky-Watcher EvoStar includes rings and a dovetail, giving you the perfect setup that’s ready to go at a moment’s notice. The 2” dual-speed Crayford-style focuser provides precise focusing using roller bearings that provide minimal image shift.
This 80mm EvoStar also includes a right-angle 8x50mm viewfinder with bracket; 2” dielectric diagonal; two 1.25” LE (Long Eye relief) eyepieces (LET 25mm and LET5mm); 1.25” focuser adaptor; and tube ring attachment hardware that works with compatible mounts. Our optical tubes are shipped with a foam-lined aluminum case to help transport your investment to and from star parties or any other field-based observation.
- EXPERTLY MATCHED GLASS: The EvoStar series features a matched doublet objective including one synthetic fluorite element, providing excellent color correction for visual and photographic uses
- OUTSTANDING COLOR CORRECTION: Using the finest quality glass and proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHTC), EvoStar refractors produce tack sharp images with accurate color and minimal aberrations
- EVOLVES WITH SKILL: No need to replace this telescope as your skill set evolves. Whether you’re a seasoned astrophotographer or a budding novice, EvoStar refractors are versatile enough to use as your primary optical tube as your skill-set improves
- DUAL-SPEED FOCUSER: No matter the eyepiece or camera, finding focus is a breeze with this 10:1 dual-speed Crayford-style focuser
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: The EvoStar 80 comes complete with a foam-lined aluminum hard case, 8×50 Right Angle Correct Image (RACI) Finderscope, 2” Dielectric Diagonal, 5mm and 25mm LET Eyepiece, 1.25” Adapter, Mounting Rings and a V-Style Dovetail
|Item model number|
|Date First Available|